Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken

So this morning I thought, I'll make fried chicken tonight for dinner. After church I was exhausted (probably because of 16 kids in nursery, 4 adults) and I didn't really want to make dinner. I've made fried chicken before and know it takes time and work, so I looked in my cookbook, and there was a recipe for oven fried chicken, which looked much easier.

1 beaten egg
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs (recipe actually says finely crushed saltine crackers)
1/2 Parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 2/1 to 3 lbs chicken pieces (I always use chicken breasts when I cook)
2 Tbsp butter, melted.

In a small bowl combine egg and milk. In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture and then coat with crumb mixture. Place the chicken a greased baking dish. Drizzle chicken with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

This was super easy and good. We liked it better than regular fried chicken. It is a lot like shake and bake chicken, just cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment