Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lemon chicken tortellini

I made this last night and it was really good. I got it from my Taste of Home magazine

1 pkg (19 oz) frozen cheese tortellini
1 lb chicken, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken broth, divided
1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 pkg (6 oz) fresh baby spinach
6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and lemon peel. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.

It was easy to make. Instead of the lemon peel, I used lemon juice. Next time I don't think I will add the red pepper (it was fine, Rex just isn't a fan of peppers).

No comments:

Post a Comment