Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mexican Chip Casserole

This is from The Taste of Home: Prize Winning Recipes

Recipe as is:

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Mexicorn
1 can chopped green chilies
1 package (10 1/1 oz) corn chips
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
1 to 2 cups cheese

Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic. Add soup, corn, and chilies and mix well.
In a 3 quart baking dish, layer meat mixture, corn chips, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

So I did some things different. I used dried minced onions (that's what I had). Green beans instead of corn (wanted to use what we had in the fridge) and no chilies (Rex doesn't like them). I also made enchilada sauce from a packet. I thought it turned out really good, Ian wouldn't eat it though. Rex said he liked it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment